Release questions...

Hi guys,

Lots of questions that I'm hoping others can answer in order for me to
make the release this week and make things a little more smooth in the
future:

- As stated before, libgtkhtml hasn't been part of the release for
2.11.5 and 2.11.90, though its listed on our modules.  I'm not aware
of anything using it (yelp moved to gecko as far as I understand).
Should we just remove it?

- Similar question for gal--it was part of previous releases but is no
longer being used by anything else in the release.  Just remove it?

- pyorbit is not listed among the modules in the bindings release.
However, gnome-python is.  gnome-python can be built without pyorbit,
but only certain parts of it.  The strange thing is that libgnomeui,
libbonobo, libbonoboui are all listed as subparts of gnome-python that
are in the bindings yet those are the parts that cannot be built
without pyorbit.  Something is wrong there.    Should pyorbit be in
the bindings release, or should the gnome-python set not list so many
submodules on the wiki?

- evolution-exchange is not in the jhbuild set, yet it is in the
desktop release.  Is there any special reason for this that anyone can
see?

- gnome-mime-data appears in the versions files and in platform
releases since 2.7.2, but it does not appear under the wiki.  (It does
appear under the platform modules listed for 2.9 at
http://www.gnome.org/start/2.9/platform/).  Is this just an error in the wiki?

- pkgconfig is part of bootstrap in jhbuild, yet we have it in the
platform release.  That seems odd to me.  Should it?  (I.e. it seems
like we should remove it and call it an external dependency, or else
add it to jhbuild's gnome-2.12.modules file, or something)

- jhbuild doesn't contain rules for building either the java or perl
bindings.  Does it make sense to add them?

I have a python script that takes the current jhbuild gnome release
moduleset (i.e. gnome-2.12.modules for now) and automatically creates
a tarball version of that moduleset including dependencies (i.e.
gnome-2.11.91.modules and freedesktop-2.11.91.modules) and a versions
file (for use with the release scripts) by doing lots of searching on
the web for the latest tarball releases of all the relevant modules.
It seems to work (although I've only run 'jhbuild list' with the new
moduleset after removing the pyorbit dependency so I don't know if it
really works yet), but the problems above make the versions file
require some hand-editing (and I'm not sure what the right edits are
in some cases).

Also, are others interested in this script?  Where would be a good
place to stick it (and the helper file(s) for it), if so?  (Note that
my python skills suck so the code may not be the greatest)

Thanks,
Elijah