Re: [Fwd: Re: jhbuild with tarballs]

On 7/26/05, Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com> wrote:
> This reply from Jamesh is probably a good clue for anyone trying to
> create a jhbuild tarball moduleset that can be easily updated. I didn't
> get around to it.

Well, I did that...and in so doing ran across the same thing that
caused your original inquiry to James and think I discovered the
problem:

Yes, but if you build it once and then try to build again I believe it
will skip it.  $prefix/share/jhbuild/packagedb.xml tracks that it was
successfully installed so it thinks (incorrectly in our cases) that
there's no point going through the configure/build/install stages
again.  This is problematic if the original build needs to be redone
for whatever reason (lots of crap in /usr/local that needs to be
mounted over in order for gnome to actually build, in my case).

Elijah