Re: planner-0.14.3-rc2 uploaded (was: Re: Windows installer of 0.14.3 ready for testing)

On Thu, Aug 07, 2008 at 02:20:31PM +0200, Jordi Mas wrote:
> · We should pack all the languages in the installer for which Planner
> has support. Many people does not speak English, then having an English
> only installer is really a step backwards for a software that is
> localized to so many languages.

Good idea, I'll add that to my todo list.

> · I suggest that "Translations" checkbox in the Choose Component is
> enable by default or if you wish if the user has selected another
> languages rather than English.

I did not realize it was disabled by default. I'll look into it.

> · Using Windows XP SP 2 English or Vista (I can reproduce it in two
> machines) when I do the Print Preview and I select the "Grant View" I
> get an error because there is a file missing at libgnomeprintui it
> cannot show the UI. I have not been able to print neither (:-

Yes, that problem has been found & solved. I guess I should've
cross-posted to the -dev list. Here's the message:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/planner-list/2008-July/msg00022.html

> I'm looking forward RC3.

In addition to these issues you mention, there's also the fact that the
help file is missing from the installer
(http://mail.gnome.org/archives/planner-list/2008-July/msg00025.html).

At the moment I'm inclined to postpone these issues until the next
release (because I don't think they're serious enough to fix right now),
but it's not a strong conviction. Feel free to try and change my mind.

Regards,
Maurice.

--
Maurice van der Pot