Re: [orca-list] Announcement: this mailing list will be retired by the end of Oct 2022

Le 20/10/2022 à 20:21, Peter Vágner a écrit :
Except of the fact most of the accessibility related development for linux is
happening at gnome. Orca at-spi, GTK are Gnome projects.
I understand we wish to get more exclusive accessibility features and inovations
and see more accessibility related development however at the other hand we are
not keen on working with the community of Gnome on this and as it appears we are
now trying to seperate even more.

That's not my feeling, Peter.

I don't know how many developers of the Gnome a11y components are registered on
the orca list, but I doubt they would object to just jump to the new one.

Further, I am pretty sure that Joanie and others like Samuel communicate with
them off list as need be, at least posting issues and PR or MR on their git
repositories and why would that change?

Also, don't forget that Qt/PLasma developers also work to enhance accessibility
of their software, as shown by the emails of Chrys on this list for instance.

I like neither KDE nor GNOME, nevertheless Slint 15 will ship both Maté and
LXQt, using respectively GTK3 and Qt5, both accessible as you can check here:
https://slackware.uk/slint/x86_64/slint-15.0/iso/

And I do not hesitate to do my shopping in https://download.gnome.org/sources/
No credit card needed :D

Cheers,