From: orca-list [mailto:orca-list-bounces gnome org] On Behalf Of covici ccs covici com
Sent: Thursday, February 19, 2015 5:12 PM
To: Kyle
Cc: orca-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [orca-list] google drive, was a semi OT conversation abpout Support autoinstall of talking
arch, (that was fwd'ed from somewhere...)

Well, I did the upgrade and they did make some improvements in the accessibility of their web interface, at
any rate.  I have not tested uploading files, as I usually just add them from the command line.

Kyle <kyle4jesus gmail com> wrote:

The OwnCloud server is currently at version 8.0. The client is at
version 1.7. I need to update my server, as I believe I'm still
running
7.0 there, but I have no trouble at all uploading files, even in my
current version.

Regarding the license of OwnCloud, it is indeed open source, and there
are no proprietary bits that I have installed, as if they do exist,
they certainly wouldn't improve its functionality; they would only
remove my freedoms, which I hold at a fairly high value. I'm happiest
when the code is in the public domain, and any time I write anything
at all, I use either the Unlicense[1] or the Creative Commons CC0
waiver[2]. That said, I will happily use any software as long as it
has a free/open source license that at least makes the attempt to
respect my freedom to use, modify and distribute modified or
unmodified copies of it, and gives me access to the source code if I want it.

[1]: http://unlicense.org/
[2]: http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/
Sent from my coffee maker
--
"Don't judge my disability until you are able to see my ability."
~Kyle: https://kyle.tk/

How do
you spend it?

         John Covici