Re: [orca-list] Fwd: Re: [Support] autoinstall of talking arch

With things like viruses, compromises of personal data and other things
we hear about in the news every day, I could never recommend running
Windows in an office setting either. Fact is that Windows was initially
designed for gamers and children, whereas Linux and other Unix-like
operating systems have been designed with business in mind, and have
only recently, say within the last 10 to 12 years or so, gotten to the
point where more casual home users can feel comfortable using it. No
marketing hype in the world will change my perception of Windows as a
toy and nothing more, especially when I can't watch the news without
seeing yet another infected ATM, credit card machine or other bank or
store related terminal that never should have been running Windows in
the first place, but has been compromised because it does, and an old
version at that. So yeah, I'm for Linux or BSD all the way, and Linux is
the most polished OS I've been able to find that talks to me, unless
anyone has any pointers on how to get a *real* BSD (NOT MacOS) talking,
in which case, I'm all ears. Man do I want me some BSD! But then again,
BSD just doesn't seem to have the hardware support or even the ease of
use that Linux now enjoys, so it will still require some shell knowledge
at this point, and I can't really recommend it to novice users the way I
have been able to get them turned on to the easier non-geek-oriented
Linux distros.
Sent from my coffee maker
--
"Don't judge my disability until you are able to see my ability."
~Kyle: https://kyle.tk/