Re: [orca-list] Need guidance

Already the beta version is so very production quality, I bet the final version to be released 8 days later will be the best ever distro and I am going to recommend Ubuntu or the remakes thereoff to all users. I think Ubuntu has gone past a certain proprietory OS "Where I Never Do Operations With Safety " (Take the initial letters of that phrase and you will get the name ). I think Orca has certain things even better than other proprietory softwares. So Ubuntu might just become the Number 1 choice for blind people. (at least it is really catching up in India). There are a few things which I particularly liked since 9.10. One of those featuers was to right click and format a pen drive. But accessibility was kind of bad in that version of Ubuntu, But it seems to work perfectly in 10.04.
I found that orca's performance was also the best ever (even in the beta).
I will now wait for a version of Ubuntu called the ultimate edition. It is Ubuntu + many other software built-in such as all the mp3 and movie codecs, and other nifty tools. And it comes a couple of months later than 10.04 meaning the updates are included. Hopefully I will manage to connect with them and get them to put the latest stable release of Orca when they release their version based on lusid. Laz, YOu can also write to me off list if you want an apton cd I created with additional packages. I hope this time around that synaptic package manager will be accessible with orca. That way, adding new softwares from an apton cd will be easy.

Happy hacking.
Krishnakant.