Re: [orca-list] [Fwd: Re: In Ubuntu 10.04, when Orca is running, impossible to make USB startup disk with usb-creator-gtk application]

On Tuesday 20 April 2010 01:47 AM, Tom Masterson wrote:
If I were to say anything about guidelines I would say that the main thread should be the one that handles display etc. In this case the main thread is doing the initial display and then when you press install it goes ahead and does the creation stuff and uses other threads to display the information. It would probably be safer to have put the creation stuff on a separate thread. But that too is open to debate. Obviously both the ATS and other developers have a responsibility to write thread-safe code as much as possible.

+1
Not to mention that now a days there are enough resources in a computer to aford such a thing.

And making this thread safe will also guaranty consistant performance, except in the initial buggy phase of testing.

Happy hacking.
Krishnakant.