Re: [orca-list] Open-office.org Presentation

hi nimer,

On Tue, 2009-01-20 at 17:04 -0700, Nimer Jaber wrote:
Hello,
I am running the latest version of what is effectively ubuntu 8.10 with
all updates installed, and orca that comes with the vinux/vibuntu
distribution. Does anyone have any tips, or is there any website that
can tell me how to effectively use orca with open-office presentation in
creating and viewing presentations?

although this might not be practical for every one, I generally do
presentations using LaTeX-beamer.
Those presentations come out really great, it is an irony that orca
can't read pdf files else it was the most practical thing to do.
However when I am speaking, I know the sequence and i find it good that
orca does not speak in between because it can't read pdf any ways.
But latex-beamer is really great when it comes to creating slides and
subtitles etc.
And it looks professional to.
As a side note, I recommend everyone to read and study latex although
any wordprocessor is great to use for small documents, but to write
high-quality professional documents which are large, one must use latex
specially when time is constraint and we need to have one which looks
appealing.
happy hacking.
Krishnakant.
Thanks