Re: [orca-list] Incremental search (was: Internet accessibility )

Krister Ekstrom writes ("Re: [orca-list] Internet accessibility was: Re: form field     structural"):
I once again want to emphasize a feature that's built into and is a part
of FF-s accessibility features called "find as you type".

The most intuitive and efficient search feature I know of is provided
by emacspeak via emacs' incremental search (normally bound to C-s).
You hit C-s and start typing. The cursor will jump to the first match
and emacspeak will read the line the match is on after every newly
entered character. Hitting C-s again will move the cursor to the next
match. If the desired position is reached, you hit Enter and the
cursor is placed in the buffer just after the match. During the
search, one can keep editing the search string, i.e. append additional
characters to refine the search or delete some if no match can be
found.

Maybe, orca could take some ideas from this emacs search feature. I
guess the thing that makes this so useful is the interactive nature of
incremental search and the good spoken feedback provided by emacspeak.

Best regards, Lukas