To: "Orca screen reader developers" <orca-list gnome org>
Sent: Thursday, July 06, 2006 12:40 AM
Subject: Re: Orca Incoming messages in Gaim not being read/displayed

Well, my guess was wrong. <grin>  I just installed a Sound Blaster
Audigy 4, disabled the onboard sound via the bios, and I still don't get
speech for incoming messages in Gaim.

So what are others' guesses?  Is this some sound card driver issue that
I might be able to solve by reading how-tos, or is this more likely an
Orca issue that is out of my control?

Thanks again and take care.
Joanie