Re: Orca Incoming messages in Gaim not being read/displayed

the 2 machines were a desktop EMachine with onboard sound which did not work, and an Averatec laptop with onboard sound which did work. hmmmmm go figure. Your guess is as good as mine.

Code
----- Original Message ----- From: "Joanmarie Diggs" <joanmarie diggs carroll org>
To: "Orca screen reader developers" <orca-list gnome org>
Sent: Wednesday, July 05, 2006 3:59 PM
Subject: Re: Orca Incoming messages in Gaim not being read/displayed

Hi Cody.  Just out of curiosity, what is the difference between the
machine where it works and where it doesn't?

I can actually reproduce this problem on two machines -- one desktop
with a cheap mobo and onboard sound and one laptop (i.e. onboard sound).
I'm wondering if having a decent, dedicated sound card will make a
difference.  I'm not yet ready to install linux on my third PC (which
has such a card), but I may run out and get a sound card for the other
desktop....