Re: Orca Incoming messages in Gaim not being read/displayed

Hi Cody.  Just out of curiosity, what is the difference between the
machine where it works and where it doesn't?

I can actually reproduce this problem on two machines -- one desktop
with a cheap mobo and onboard sound and one laptop (i.e. onboard sound).
I'm wondering if having a decent, dedicated sound card will make a
difference.  I'm not yet ready to install linux on my third PC (which
has such a card), but I may run out and get a sound card for the other
desktop....