Re: rt3070sta not controllable with networkmanager

On Sat, 2011-02-05 at 22:00 -0800, Dan O'Connor wrote:
> Can you clarify what I need to do in my driver's config.mk file? The
> only reference to network manager I saw was the following:
>

> # Support Native WpaSupplicant for Network Maganger [sic]
> HAS_NATIVE_WPA_SUPPLICANT_SUPPORT=y

Correct, because only with that code does the following block happen:

#ifdef NATIVE_WPA_SUPPLICANT_SUPPORT
	/* for supporting Network Manager.
	  * Set the sysfs physical device reference for the network logical device if set prior to registration will
	  * cause a symlink during initialization.
	 */
#if (LINUX_VERSION_CODE >= KERNEL_VERSION(2,6,0))
	SET_NETDEV_DEV(net_dev, &(usb_dev->dev));
#endif
#endif /* NATIVE_WPA_SUPPLICANT_SUPPORT */

Strong work, Ralink.  At least they make the effort for cfg80211 support
though.  It eludes my why this is an option, since every other driver in
the Linux kernel is expected to set up sysfs device links correctly.

Dan