Re: Intel 4965AGN not working with NM

Jirka, thanks for pointing me to the nm-applet. Works great (although I had to
google a little bit to make it remember wireless passwords). Anyway, I'm
connected to the wireless using nm-applet right now.

Still, it would be nice to make knetworkmanager work. It has two nice
features: displays only networks I configured, not all of the available
networks, and it has 'Close' button (NM-applet must be killed).

First of the commands you gave me produces the following output:

dbus-send --system --print-reply --type=method_call --dest='org.freedesktop.NetworkManagerUserSettings' '/org/freedesktop/NetworkManagerSettings'
org.freedesktop.NetworkManagerSettings.ListConnections
method return sender=:1.34 -> dest=:1.39 reply_serial=2
   array [
      object path "/org/freedesktop/NetworkManagerSettings/Connection/0"
      object path "/org/freedesktop/NetworkManagerSettings/Connection/1"
      object path "/org/freedesktop/NetworkManagerSettings/Connection/2"
      object path "/org/freedesktop/NetworkManagerSettings/Connection/3"
      object path "/org/freedesktop/NetworkManagerSettings/Connection/4"
      object path "/org/freedesktop/NetworkManagerSettings/Connection/5"
   ]

The second command contained a syntax error, it took me some time to figure it
out: it should be --dest='org.freedesktop.NetworkManagerSystemSettings',
not --dest='org.freedesktop.NetworkManagerUserSettings'. BTW, I found
qdbusviewer a helpful tool. So, the above command list connections 0-5,
however I can only get settings for connections 1-4. An example is bellow:

dbus-send --system --print-reply --dest='org.freedesktop.NetworkManagerSystemSettings' '/org/freedesktop/NetworkManagerSettings/1'
org.freedesktop.NetworkManagerSettings.Connection.GetSettings
method return sender=:1.6 -> dest=:1.86 reply_serial=2
   array [
      dict entry(
         string "ipv4"
         array [
            dict entry(
               string "addresses"
               variant                   array [
                  ]
            )
            dict entry(
               string "dns"
               variant                   array [
                  ]
            )
            dict entry(
               string "routes"
               variant                   array [
                  ]
            )
            dict entry(
               string "method"
               variant                   string "auto"
            )
         ]
      )
      dict entry(
         string "802-1x"
         array [
            dict entry(
               string "eap"
               variant                   array [
                     string "peap"
                  ]
            )
            dict entry(
               string "phase2-auth"
               variant                   string "mschapv2"
            )
            dict entry(
               string "identity"
               variant                   string "XXXX"
            )
         ]
      )
      dict entry(
         string "ipv6"
         array [
            dict entry(
               string "addresses"
               variant                   array [
                  ]
            )
            dict entry(
               string "dns"
               variant                   array [
                  ]
            )
            dict entry(
               string "routes"
               variant                   array [
                  ]
            )
            dict entry(
               string "method"
               variant                   string "ignore"
            )
         ]
      )
      dict entry(
         string "connection"
         array [
            dict entry(
               string "uuid"
               variant                   string "XXXX"
            )
            dict entry(
               string "id"
               variant                   string "Dom"
            )
            dict entry(
               string "type"
               variant                   string "802-11-wireless"
            )
            dict entry(
               string "timestamp"
               variant                   uint64 1283450729
            )
         ]
      )
      dict entry(
         string "802-11-wireless"
         array [
            dict entry(
               string "mode"
               variant                   string "infrastructure"
            )
            dict entry(
               string "seen-bssids"
               variant                   array [
                     string "XXXX"
                  ]
            )
            dict entry(
               string "ssid"
               variant                   array of bytes "XXXX"
            )
            dict entry(
               string "security"
               variant                   string "802-11-wireless-security"
            )
         ]
      )
      dict entry(
         string "802-11-wireless-security"
         array [
            dict entry(
               string "key-mgmt"
               variant                   string "wpa-eap"
            )
         ]
      )
   ]

I used XXXX to replace some of my connection's info. Other numbers give
similar info about other of my wireless connections. The question is: what
now?

Regards,
Janek

P.S. Sorry for the delay. I posted my reply the same day you posted your
message, but somehow my mail wasn't posted on the list. I noticed it just
now.