Re: kupfer questions

2009/12/6 Karol Będkowski <karol bedkowski gmail com>:
> 2009-12-06 17:34:59 Ulrik Sverdrup <ulrik sverdrup gmail com>:
>>Thank you for updating according to this, Karol; the Gnome/XFCE split
>>looks good now (and Gnome works). I intended the trash functionality
>>to be its complete own plugin (it should work with GVFS on XFCE too, I
>>think AsA from arch suggested that) -- and I have published changes to
>>that effect.
>
> Unfortunately, in my env trash don't work:
> D [kupfer.utils]: show_url trash:///
> Error [kupfer.utils]: gtk.show_uri: Failed to execute child process
> "nautilus" (file not found)
>
> Also plugin always show "trash is empty".
>
> Open trash with "thunar trash://" works ok, so I guess, it's
> configuration problem. Personally I don't use trash, and I have dropped
> all unnecessary parts of XFCE and Gnome.

I live in a dream world where everything is cross-desktop just by
using GLib/GVFS. It's apparently not that easy. I personally refuse to
dig too deep into these issues; linux needs high-level application
APIs, developing without that is simply no fun.

The positive way to see it -- Kupfer is simple; we leverage and expose
the functionality that already exists, but hope to create something by
bringing it together.

Ulrik