[jokosher-devel] Thanks guys!

Hi everyone,

I want to thank all of you for welcoming me and helping me out yesterday with the Jokosher demos, I had a great time! I promise I will try my best to help out with the bug fixes when jokosher 0.2 goes into freeze in a few days. I do have an exam in a couple of weeks which I have to prepare for, but I will try.

At the moment, I did notice *tons* of spelling mistakes in the Jokosher Help section on the website. I can fix those quite quickly. If I just download the page, fix the errors in HTML and upload a patch to the HTML, is that ok?

Here are some of the features and other questions that people asked:

- A lot of people wanted to record stuff off of the internet, such as BBC radio streams
- Ability to filter out "noise", I believe this maybe possible using the Instrument Effects?
- One guy asked if there are any latency issues when multiple instruments are plugged in?
- VOIP recording
- Export / Import from cubase?
- Windows version?
- Some guy asked if Jokosher was similar to EMi?? I think the website is: http://emi.thevtek.com
- A few people asked if Patch Panels were supported
- MIDI, a LOT of people asked if MIDI was supported
- Someone asked if Jokosher was similar to something called Jashaker?? I can't find this app anywhere online, but it is supposed to be a video editing app.

Finally, a guy from Zend said, and I quote: "How will you make money? Free?? Come on guys!!"

Right, some bugs I observed prior to starting the demos, I'm sorry, I know we need "reproducible" bugs, but I have not managed to repro some of these. Since they did indeed occur, though, I feel obligated to at least report them.

- A guy with a Creative Audigy soundcard said that when he has only *one* input source armed in Jokosher, it still tells him to "please select only one input source". I suggested that the soundcard might be the problem, it might have multiple inputs, so I suggested he try "muting" all but one of them to see if it works.

- When a section of audio was selected, and I pressed play, the red bar that moves across started "filling" the whole track with "red" colour.

- Beginning of timeline disappears sometimes. Switching to another format and back fixes it.

- Sometimes if you have several blocks of audio in a single track and you press play the audio can be heard "before" the red line reaches the actual block on the track.

I tried emailing the photos I took of the event using my camera phone, but I think the attachment is too big for the list so I am removing it. You can still check out the photos at my flickr.com page, http://www.flickr.com/photos/kerneljack.
Enjoy!

Khusro