Re: [jokosher-devel] Thanks guys!

Khusro Jaleel wrote:
Hi everyone,

Here are some of the features and other questions that people asked:

- A lot of people wanted to record stuff off of the internet, such as BBC radio streams

Yes, mostly illegal, but not actually hard to do. Once the interface for network instruments are in, a non-seekable stream could be treated as the same thing.

- Ability to filter out "noise", I believe this maybe possible using the Instrument Effects?

Yes, we should figure out some way to do this, if for nothing else but all those poor podcast listenters. Oh and normalization is something that should go with this too.

- Export / Import from cubase?

If the audio was in a proper format (like ogg, mp3 or wav) I can't imagine this being too hard to do if people *really* demand it.

- Windows version?

Yes its just about getting stuff libs compiled and functioning on windows, and abstracting our current reliance on ALSA. Stuart mentioned cairo on windows. Firefox 3 will use cairo on windows, so that might be worth looking at.

- A few people asked if Patch Panels were supported

Am I the only one who doesn't know what a patch panel is? Unless they're talking about a mixing board.

- MIDI, a LOT of people asked if MIDI was supported

That's probably because its so hard/rare for applications to do.

- Someone asked if Jokosher was similar to something called Jashaker?? I can't find this app anywhere online, but it is supposed to be a video editing app.

I've heard this one before. Its some kind of openGL accelerated video editor.

 > - When a section of audio was selected, and I pressed play, the red bar
that moves across started "filling" the whole track with "red" colour.

I thought I fixed this a *long* time ago. What happens is that we only draw a 3 pixel wide column right where the playhead is to improve the performance (because while playing we draw like 30FPS). Can you give me any more information? Maybe its a slow computer that is dropping redraw frames which prevents the red sections from being redrawn?

- Beginning of timeline disappears sometimes. Switching to another format and back fixes it.

Without being able to reproduce theres not much we can do.

- Sometimes if you have several blocks of audio in a single track and you press play the audio can be heard "before" the red line reaches the actual block on the track.

Again, I think this is drawing issues. We fixed all the position rounding errors, etc already.

Nice job on getting the word out BTW. :)

Laszlo