Re: [guppi-list] Guppi as a mime-type handler

On Wed, Jan 31, 2001 at 06:43:46PM +0000, Magnus Hagdorn wrote:

> i was wondering about netcdf as well since that is what i use quite a
> lot. i'd be quite up for helping out writing an import filter for
> that.

That's the spirit!

> the only thing that kept me away from it is that i have no clue
> about gui programming.

Just to write a guppi import filter shouldn't require any GUI
programming.

> wondering whether import filters should be written using bonobo so they
> can be reused in other programs like gnumeric, scigraphica, whatever
> else.

At this moment in history, the best way to make something like an
import filter reusable is to write it in nice, clean, portable C code.
(Hopefully some good free NetCDF code already exists, that could
serve as a starting point.)

> again, i have no clue about bonobo either.

Don't worry... none of us really do. :-)

-JT