Re: [guppi-list] Guppi as a mime-type handler

On Wed, 31 Jan 2001, Neil J Pilgrim wrote:

> I've just been reading about the NetCDF file format and a web-server
> extension that provides access to data-files in multiple ways, using a
> web form (DODS). This was all rather stunning, since I had considered a
> system (API/class) like NetCDF offers and wondered how hard a web
> 'front-end' would be to code.
>
> Various plotting programs support the NetCDF format (eg xmgrace) and so
> one point I would like to make is that this would be desirable as a new
> 'import' filter for guppi.

i was wondering about netcdf as well since that is what i use quite a
lot. i'd be quite up for helping out writing an import filter for
that. the only thing that kept me away from it is that i have no clue
about gui programming. maybe that would be a good start. also i was
wondering whether import filters should be written using bonobo so they
can be reused in other programs like gnumeric, scigraphica, whatever
else. again, i have no clue about bonobo either.

magi

Magnus Hagdorn
Department of Geology and Geophysics
The University of Edinburgh