Re: Invalid UTF-8 strings

Great debugging techniques, thanks!

Turns out one of the strings being rendered contained some non-ASCII characters. The functions:

Glib::locale_to_utf8()
Glib::locale_from_utf8()

did the trick. In order to render the text in a tree view I had to convert to UTF-8, but to open a directory using Glib::Dir() I had to convert back to the locale.
Makes perfect sense now :-)

Thanks,
Matt Bragano