Re: item factories revisited

On Tue, 2003-08-05 at 17:42, Gavin Brown wrote:
I would be grateful if people on the list could test this script and
tell me if they see the following:

* top level menu items print a line when clicked
* the first time a second level item is clicked it prints a line
* any future clicks on second level items do nothing

I've verified this on three separate systems (all RH9, but one using
XD2) and i'd like to see if it happens on other distros.

I'm pretty sure that the icon factory structure is OK - surely if it
builds the widgets it's OK?

Thanks in advance,

Gavin.

here's the message replying to your original post where i left it after
i resolved the last of the issues with the callbacks of item factory
that i could track down:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-perl-list/2003-June/msg00112.html

basically it goes like this. a working version of code that accomplishes
basically the same thing as your example became the item_factory_test.pl
in the examples directory. that code was based on my understanding of
the item factory's use for creating a menu. i have a root to the menu
rather than a button that pop's it up.

what i say in the previous message to the list is that the callbacks are
never making it to perl from c, so assuming that your code is correct
and that your array is getting passed correctly to c from gtk-perl-xs
(which it seems to be) then the problem is most likely in gtk. that
being said i doubt the problem is in gtk, i would guess that the menu
structure is not right/supported in some way or fashion, but i could
easily be wrong. the only way to really know would be to try the same
menu structure as a c program, which i might at some point do, but not
right at the moment as i'm working on other stuff.

-rm