Re: GTK remove minimize & maximize buttons

Gian Mario Tagliaretti wrote:

On Tuesday 28 December 2004 01:46, Matthias Clasen wrote:
If you don't agree with the decorations which your window manager uses
for windows of a certain type, you should use a different window manager
or configure the one you use, rather than lie to it about the window
type.

What does it mean? If I do want in my app a window toplevel with the two buttons minimize and maximize disabled why can't I?
The window manager have nothing to do with it.
quite the opposite: the window manager has everything to do with it. the WM draws the window decorations, including the min/max/close buttons. if the WM chooses to ignore the hints set on the window, it may feel free to do so.

   -brian