Re: GTK remove minimize & maximize buttons

On Tuesday 28 December 2004 01:46, Matthias Clasen wrote:

If you don't agree with the decorations which your window manager uses
for windows of a certain type, you should use a different window manager
or configure the one you use, rather than lie to it about the window
type.

What does it mean? If I do want in my app a window toplevel with the two
buttons minimize and maximize disabled why can't I?
The window manager have nothing to do with it.

http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/GtkWindow.html#gtk-window-
set-resizable

should be used to mark a window as not user-resizable. Decent window
managers will use that information as a hint to suppress the minimize
and maximize buttons.

A decent window manager will suppress ONLY the maximize button as it is
suppose to do, the window cannot be resized but the user must have the chance
to minimize the window.

Regards,

Matthias

cheers