Re: [Shotwell] Improve Shotwell Slideshow - Weekly Report #6

Hi Alexandre and Jason,

It has always been Yorba's policy to support the last two Ubuntu and
Fedora releases. Indeed, if you read through the discussion on the
Trac link Alexandre provided (http://trac.yorba.org/ticket/3110),
you'll clearly see a refrerence made to Yorba's official position:

> our policy of supporting the last two Ubuntu releases

When the next release of Shotwell, 0.11, ships, those releases will be
Maverick and Natty (and FC14 and FC15).

That said, I've had a look at the APIs that Alexandre is using to
weave all of his visual compositing magic together, and I do have to
admit that these APIs (GStreamer, mutter, clutter) have evolved
tremendously betweem FC14/Maverick and FC15/Natty. So this morning we
had a Shotwell product management team meeting and came to a decision:
Alexandre's slideshow work (which seems to be coming along very well)
will ship with Shotwell 0.12, not Shotwell 0.11. Since Shotwell 0.12
will target FC15/Natty and FC16/Oneiric, Alexandre will have full
access to all of the visual compositing goodness present in the later
versions of GStreamer, mutter and clutter that ship with FC15 & Natty!

How does this sound to you, Alexandre?

Lucas