workspace vs session

hello,

big thanks for all the work so far on gnome-shell - it's looking awesome and it's great to be able to play with it using jhbuild magic.  :-)

i love the idea of thinking about my computer use in terms of 'activities' - i think that's definitely the way to go.  however, it looks like gnome-shell re-uses 'workspaces' for activities .. which seems wrong to me.  i think a more natural fit for 'activity' is 'session'.

the key real-world example i've noticed which backs up this thought is that i need different views of the same folder in nautilus for two different activities.  i just can't do that with workspaces.

i can see that changing from workspaces to something else would be a difficult thing at this stage but if the activity model is at the core of the gnome-shell design then i reckon it's worth some pain now to get the right fit.

what do you think?