Re: Bengali (bn) as a Supported Language in Gnome 2.20

Hi,

Initially it was only Bengali (bn). Bengali is the first language of
Bangladesh. And some parts of India use it. We have both Bangladeshi
and Indian volunteers for this l10n project. Later it forked into
Bengali (India) bn_IN, cause there are some differences in the
dialect.

You can check following links for more details,

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-i18n/2006-June/msg00154.html
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-i18n/2006-June/msg00186.html
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-i18n/2006-June/msg00209.html

Regards,