Re: Pashto coordinator

On 9/5/07, zabeeh khan <zabeehkhan gmail com> wrote:
> Hello,
> Ismail maskani and all the mailing list members, Pakhtosoft want to be the
> Coordinator of the Pashto group. Ismail I am asking you to give us the
> privileges to become the coordinator of the Pashto group. We can work more
> and more willingly on it and we can do it in less time. You (Ismail) can
> also join us to work together. This is the formal mail asking about the
> changing of Pashto coordinator, if you don't answer this mail so might be
> without asking you they make us the coordinator. I am asking you to reply to
> this mail. thanks
> www.pakhtosoft.com

Hello, it is clear that Ismail Maskani is not replying. Already more
than a year ago, Mohammad Khalid Amarkhail <khalid paiwastoon com af>
asked for him and for the Pushto / Pashto coordinatorship issue to be
resolved [1]. Sadly, because of many reasons, this has still not
happened.

So the Pushto / Pashto coordinatorship issue still needs to be
resolved. However, assuming that Mohammad Khalid Amarkhail is still
interested, we now have two volunteers for the position.
So I ask you Mohammad, are you still interested in translating GNOME
into Pushto / Pashto, and if so I ask you both would you be willing to
work together?
If so, could you agree on one of you becoming the coordinator, or
should we just decide on one?
Please let us (the gnome-i18n gnome org list) know either way.

As for the language spelling issue, please see my response in the
other thread [2]. GNOME just uses the official ISO 639 spelling, so if
you want the spelling changed, please ask the ISO 639 registration
authority to change their recommendation.

Christian

[1] http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-i18n/2006-August/msg00199.html
[2] http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-i18n/2007-November/msg00117.html