Re: Word-a-Day: capplet, preference tool

On Thu, 2008-04-24 at 16:21 +0100, Calum Benson wrote:
> On 23 Apr 2008, at 21:25, Shaun McCance wrote:
> >
> > Looking at current system settings windows, I see:
> >
> > * Authentication Configuration
> > * Date/Time Properties (is the word "and" so hard?)
> > * Display settings (title caps, people)
> > * Keyboard
> > * Language Selection
> > * Network Configuration
> > * Printer configuration (again, title caps)
> > * Security Level Configuration
> > * Service Configuration
> > * Audio configuration (do people hate title caps?)
> > * User Manager
> >
> > It would actually seem that "configuration" is the most
> > common term.
>
> Hmm, which distro are you looking at?  I'm looking at GNOME 2.22 on
> Solaris, and "Configuration" doesn't appear anywhere on the menus.
> (The title bars on the windows themselves are a bit inconsistent, but
> only in that some of them say "Preferences", and some of them don't--
> still no "Configuration" to be seen...)

Sorry, I meant to mention that in my email, because
I know many of those are added by my distro.  I'm
using Fedora.  And, to be honest, the configuration
tools that come with Fedora don't have a great track
record in terms of following our recommendations.

--
Shaun