Re: nautilus sgml viewer.

* Karl Eichwalder (keichwa gmx net) wrote at 01:41 on 25/10/00:
> Ali Abdin <ALIABDIN aucegypt edu> writes:
>
> > And yes, entity support is broken because we are using libxml 1.x and the
> > SAX parser. According to Daniel we should switch to DOM, but we can't
> > switch to DOM because we are using DocBook SGML not DocBook XML.
>
> Sigh, I've to repeat it again:  Before installation run the SGML through
>
>     sgmlnorm | sx

I don't think people are going to do this :( (people want to preserve the
entities within their doc, not make them disappear)

> and you can use XML tools.  BTW, DOM works with SGML files, too; maybe,
> libxml is limited to XML.

I don't think libxml likes the fact that some tags could never be closed.
According to one of my conversations with Daniel Veillard, we need DocBook XML
if we wish to use DOM.

Regards,
Ali