Re: nautilus sgml viewer.

Ali Abdin <aliabdin aucegypt edu> writes:

> I don't think people are going to do this :( (people want to preserve the
> entities within their doc, not make them disappear)

Sigh, again.  Install nomralized SGML files (= XML) and the animal will
fly.  For authoring purposes you'll keep the files with entities, of
course.  Makefile with pseudo commands:

    install:
            sgmlnorm FILE.sgml | sx > FILE.xml
            install FILE.xml datadir/.../help/FILE.xml

Is this so difficult to understand?  Please, move your brain :)

> > and you can use XML tools.  BTW, DOM works with SGML files, too; maybe,
> > libxml is limited to XML.

> I don't think libxml likes the fact that some tags could never be
> closed.  According to one of my conversations with Daniel Veillard, we
> need DocBook XML if we wish to use DOM.

He's write, but that's why I said you should use tools which are
available...  sgmlnorm and sx...  XML is a buzzword.  XML is nothing or
than normalized SGML.  XML _is_ SGML.

--
work : ke suse de                          |                   ,__o
     : http://www.suse.de/~ke/             |                 _-\_<,