Re: [Gimp-developer] Some blend modes break in unbounded mode sRGB

Sorry, not true :) It's rather pretty hard to do than "completely
trivial". Yes, all format magic is hidden behind well-defined
APIs and can be safely extended, but adding arbitrary formats
there is not so trivial.

I did restrict myself to those 3 bullet points because they where the
ones I know how to do :). But "some form of RGB" is a much lower bar
than an arbitrary format (e.g. CYMK), in most cases we have:
... code where we pick the format ...
... code that operates on 4 floats and doesn't know anything about format ...

As long as the math remains the same the format we make gegl calls in
is easy to abstract, though how to ferry that format information
around Gimp would take some thought.