Re: On Boston Summit organization and delegation [was Re: A question to candidates]

<quote who="Behdad Esfahbod">

> But if you look, I asked for help about Boston Summit on the boston-social
> list as early as June:
>
>   http://mail.gnome.org/archives/boston-social/2007-June/msg00000.html
>
> and got no reply. I mailed at least three Boston residents directly and
> got no reply either. And I gave up and Jeff ended up doing it all the way
> from Australia. It was going well until the *reserved venue* got
> canceled...

Thanks for pointing that out - but I do want to stress again that Zana and
Owen saved the day when all else failed, and we should be very grateful to
them (not that you're forgetting them, I just wanted to say thanks again).

We have to wait until January to book the usual venue at MIT, so I hope J5
(elected or not - formalities, formalities) can adopt that task and pursue
it vigorously! :-)

- Jeff

--
GNOME.conf.au 2008: Melbourne, Australia http://live.gnome.org/Melbourne2008

     "On Tuesday I saw Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon with Zack and two
             ladies whom I presume are gracious." - Seth Schoen