Re: two questions for candidates

<quote who="Richard Stallman">

> 1. Would you change anything in the GNOME Foundation statement about
> OOXML?

I'd probably include a message about not fighting OOXML on political grounds
because they have no impact on the ISO standardisation process. To succeed,
we need to fight OOXML under the terms defined by ISO, which means nuking it
as hard was we possibly can on technical grounds.

> 2. How do you think the GNOME Foundation should support the Free
> Software Movement in general?

By creating rocking Free Software that is easy to use, accessible and usable
for users around the world, whether they're ubergeeks or neophytes. :-) The
phrase I use that I think best illustrates GNOME's values in this regard is:

  Software Freedom is not just for geeks!

:-)

- Jeff

--
linux.conf.au 2008: Melbourne, Australia        http://lca2008.linux.org.au/

   "I still fervently believe that the only way to make software secure,
      reliable, and fast is to make it small. Fight Features." - Andy
                                 Tanenbaum