Re: About the coming election

On Tue, 2007-11-06 at 14:31 -0500, Diego Escalante Urrelo wrote:

> While reading this, I remembered this mail by Federico:
> http://mail.gnome.org/archives/foundation-list/2006-November/msg00014.html
>
> It cleared a lot of my doubts with regards to being on the board. I
> recommend it to anyone wanting to know more about the board (no matter
> they run or not for it).

A quick update to Federico's mini-Howto.  Under "Would you be a good
member of the Board?":

- The first bullet is /so/ true.  I really mean it.

- Second bullet, about GUADEC, is not as true anymore.  This year the
board tried to have short and clear meetings at GUADEC that don't fill
up every day, and it worked.  I enjoyed my GUADEC experience as much as
last year that I was not on the board.

- Third bullet, again, is /so/ true.

- Fourth bullet, about conference call fees, is not necessarily true
anymore.  This year we had toll-free numbers for all board members to
call in, thanks to Sun for hosting them.  I expect we will have one
company or the other do the same in the future.

behdad
http://behdad.org/

        -- Benjamin Franklin, 1759