Re: Executive director [was: Re: OOXML]

<quote who="David Bolter">

> It is perhaps of interest to some that the Mozilla Foundation has not
> found it easy to find a new Executive Director (see
> http://www.mozilla.org/foundation/executive-director-search.html).  Note
> the Mozilla position comes with salary and benefits.  Are we thinking the
> same for GNOME?

Yes (this was the case with our previous ED too, btw), although we probably
have less room to move on that front that Mozilla. ;-) Even if you know you
want the traditional ED role filled, it's tough to find the right candidate.

- Jeff

--
linux.conf.au 2008: Melbourne, Australia        http://lca2008.linux.org.au/

  "But then one can only ask questions. One can't dictate answers." - Sam
                           Varghese, 'Journalist'