Re: [Evolution] Mailing list?

On Sun, 2022-10-16 at 13:05 +0100, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
If Evolution sees that the replied-to message has the appropriate
list headers, it could simply turn Reply-To-All into Reply-To-List,
or just disable Reply-To-All.

        Hi,
there are still legitimate use-cases for Reply-To-All within the
mailing lists. I sometimes post a message to mailing lists where I'm
not subscribed to, and either I state so explicitly and they include me
in the CC, or the list nature is expected to receive mails from non-
subscribers and the members do Reply-To-All always (one such example is
when I ask for a freeze break exception).

You can say those are just special cases, whose is much less than those
"annoying semi-private replies", but I won't make the life harder to
others just to make it simpler for me.

There's no win-win solution here, I'm afraid.

For the Reply-To-All turning into Reply-To-List, the "Group Reply"
button does the right thing, +/- a setting in the Composer Preferences,
where the user can influence what is preferred with the Group Reply.

        Bye,
        Milan