Re: [Evolution] Evolution 3.18.x and the delete key

I cannot reproduce it, I tried to delete my previous message in this
thread, which moved me to your reply, being done in the same time
(parent of this message). I had both messages downloaded locally
already. What I see is thit:

a) message is selected, scrolled a bit lower
b) press Delete to delete it
c) message is deleted
   the next is selected
   the preview changes to "Retrieving message 'xxx'"
d) the next message is shown in the preview panel, with
   the scrollbar at the top.

I can reliably do it when the messages are all very similar (like the
log report messages) but not when subsequent messages are noticeably
different - whether that is a consequence of message size or the
message content I don't know.

The content of "Retrieving message 'xxx'" resets scrollbar positions as
a side effect.

I very rarely see that message - my IMAP server is on the same ethernet
switch and I'm connected over a gigabit network - and the messages are
usually small (<10kb)

 There was an opposite bug report, scrollbar position
changed when user moved to another window (focus moved out of the
evolution window), which exhibited mostly in GNOME Shell, where the
focus change changed also theme state. There was done a fix for it. If
I recall correctly, it doesn't manipulate with scroll bars, but does
the theme color propagation differently.

I'll try and see if I can work out a definitive scenario to reproduce
it and then file a bug on it.

P.