Re: [Evolution] Evolution 3.18.x and the delete key

Once the messages are downloaded, they are always returned from the
local cache. It's in
~/.cache/evolution/mail//folders/...
You can safely delete the corresponding message in the local cache,
when evolution is running, and then select another message and back the
other, to see it is downloaded again, fresh from the server.

I think we are talking at cross purposes here. The message displayed is
the correct one, but after deleting a message the next one shown in the
preview window (or viewing pane) is opened so that the last/middle few
lines are displayed rather than the top lines of the message.

It's as if it has remembered the section of the message being displayed
and applied that to the next message. I would have thought that every
time a new message is opened, the view should be reset to the top of
the message.

P.