Re: [Evolution] html mail from command line

On Thu, 2006-09-14 at 16:00 +0200, Joris Vuffray wrote:
Hi,

I'm running evolution-2.8/Gnome 2.16 on gentoo.
I know the "Send To..." function which is part of the nautilus-sendto package
(on gentoo); but I have 2 problems with it:

- Pictures are sent in their original size, which could create large
mails when
you add several attachements. For that I created a nautilus script
which scales
the pictures (50%) with convert (imagemagick) to reduce the size.

- Pictures are not included in the html mail, but as attachements. You cannot
add text "inline" between the pictures.

I know it's easy to add the html page to the mail; or create the mail,
but such
functionalities for users who always used windows like my girlfriend should be
made as easy as possible, in one step.

It is already supported in Evolution.

1) In the message-composer window, Select "Format->HTML" to create HTML
mails.
2) Drag the image from nautilus and drop it in the composer window.  The
image will be inserted inline - which can be re-sized by grabbing the
edges.

HTH,

V. Varadhan

 Novell, Inc.