Re: [Evolution] Unable to add evolution published calendar in evolution

On Tue, 2006-09-12 at 17:33 -0500, James D Bearden wrote:
Anyway, we have our internal web
server that is accessible via HTTPS and basic authentication publically.
It was actually pretty simple to configure a new directory with webdav
support and publish my calendar from Evolution 2.6 (Ubunbtu 6.06), but I
have not been able to figure out how to read that calendar back in using
Evolution. Every time I try to specify
https://someserver.com/somedir/somefile.ics and evolution keeps
(unhelpfully) rewriting that as
webcal://someserver.com/somedir/somefile.ics

I've got as far as this too, and are likewise interested to find out
more about this subject. My understanding is that this is basically a
(readonly) FreeBusy-calendar which is separately updated by the
Actions/Publish Calendar Information (if one has not set the
Daily/Weekly update from Preferences/Calendar and Tasks/Calendar
Publishing/Edit).

What I am looking for (and I assume that James is also) is a description
on what the (differences between) CalDAV webDAV are. Also I would be
very grateful if someone more knowledgeable could give pointers or even
short descriptions on working combinations of server software required
to set up this kind of a service which supports shared read/write. I
have insofar tested the calendaring on Horde and Zimbra, but these do
not seem to allow outside editing.

Our case is perhaps even more complex since we have several clients
which should cooperate on a shared read/write calendar, Outlook (not
Express), Evolution and Sun+Thunderbird. Outlook most probably requires
a plugin to work, but insofar I haven't even got Sunbird and Evolution
to perform as required. To shed some light on our background, we
recently got rid of Exchange 5.5 and are not contemplating on the newer
version due to its requirement of an AD.

This is maybe getting a bit offtopic, but since I'm working on this from
the Evolution viewpoint, I think that it's still relevant to this group.

TIA,

Poltsi

--
Paul-Erik Törrönen,