Re: [Evolution] Evolution & KlamAV

On Mon, 2006-06-19 at 14:59 -0400, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:

no, that is the Pipe-to-Program *rule*

Filters are as such:

FYI, when I first came across this problem, I also tested it this way as
well.

For the rule, I simply picked "Match All".

For the action, I had first piped the message to klammail.  The second
action was to move the message to a unique folder.  This second action
isn't really necessary but I wanted confirmation that the message filter
and its associated actions had executed.

I just repeated these steps.  The messaged saved is not tagged by
klammail.

Subject: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?f=fÃr Herrn Stedfast
From: "Thomas R. Krishan" <tkrishan hotmail com>
To: Thomas Krishan <tkrishan@>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 15:32:22 -0400

Perhaps we should get back to the original discussion and intent of my
posting.  The instructions that are provided with klamAV for Evolution
are as follows:

Mail scanning support is provided by a program called 'klammail'. This
was installed automatically as part of the KlamAV installation. to use
this program to scan your email as you send and receive it you need to
set up a 'filter' in Ximian Evolution to 'pipe' mail through klammmail
as it is coming in/going out. You should then set up a filter after
this one to put any mail with the word 'virus-found' in the header in
to the quarantine folder of your choice- The mail will be clearly
marked as infected and will tell you the name of the virus and who the
mail is from.

If one sends a virus infected message through klanmmail, it inserts a
string in the header 'virus-found'.

Why is a virus infected message that is piped to klammail using either a
*rule* or an *action* in Evolution not modified with its headers showing
'virus-found'.

Klammail is working on this system; I have tested it using KMail with a
pipe-through rule and it inserts the headers per the klamAV
documentation.

Tom