Re: [Evolution] Evolution & KlamAV

On Mon, 2006-06-19 at 13:24 -0400, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:

I think only the Pipe-to-Program *action* (not rule) reads back data
from the piped program... That might explain what you are seeing?

Well, that and outgoing filters are applied *after* the message is sent
across the wire (but before the message is saved into the Sent folder)

I do not understand your response.  I create a Message Filter.  In the
dialog box, in the first part, I pipe to a Program.  Is this what you
are referring to as the Pipe-to-Program *action*?  If klammail
completes, it returns a 0.  I then move the message to a folder using
the bottom half of the Message Filter dialog box.

Incoming or outgoing, the message that is in the unique folder does not
have its headers changed.  In KOffice, the message will have the
klammail headers in it.  In Evolution, it is the original message.

I am using Suse 10.1 and Evolution version 2 6 0-67 i586

I just ran the test again.  I sent myself an empty message.

Here is the full message source after being processed using a message
filter that first pipes-to-command klammail: