Re: [Evolution] evolution and large mails

On Wed, 2006-06-07 at 01:03 -0400, Igor A. Nesterov wrote:
256 MB. It should be quite enough for a small-footprint xfce4 (I do not
run GNOME), a dozen of xterms and one mail program.

Disk activity and even desktop irresponsiveness is not an issue here.
They can be to some extent explained by interference with VMware,
although I have a long experience with it and do not recall such an
impressive Linux-on-VM slowdown as Evolution had managed to do.

The real issue is that a plain ascii mail even of the size 6MB caused so
much trouble for Evolution. Some mentioned a known problem with large
mail rendering. But what is to render in plain ascii text?

Did you check swap usage during the problem?