Re: [Evolution] evolution and large mails

On Thu, 2006-06-01 at 14:38 -0500, Mike Dickson wrote:
On Thu, 2006-06-01 at 21:26 +0200, guenther wrote:

I am using
evolution-2.6.0-1
on
2.6.15-1.2054_FC5 #1 Tue Mar 14 15:48:33 EST 2006 i686 athlon i386
GNU/Linux

running in VMware Workstation 4.5.2

Well, I guess that would be why. This sure limits the resources for your
GNOME Desktop and likely is the reason the for the heavy disk-activity
you noticed.

He didn't say how much memory he dedicated to the VM so its hard to
conclude that's the problem.

256 MB. It should be quite enough for a small-footprint xfce4 (I do not
run GNOME), a dozen of xterms and one mail program.

Disk activity and even desktop irresponsiveness is not an issue here.
They can be to some extent explained by interference with VMware,
although I have a long experience with it and do not recall such an
impressive Linux-on-VM slowdown as Evolution had managed to do.

The real issue is that a plain ascii mail even of the size 6MB caused so
much trouble for Evolution. Some mentioned a known problem with large
mail rendering. But what is to render in plain ascii text?

Anyway, since I've removed that mail and updated to 2.6.1 and then to
2.6.2 I've never seen this problem again. But I have not seen such mails
either.

Igor