Re: [Evolution] delay when sending mail

On Wed, 2006-06-07 at 02:09 -0400, Igor A. Nesterov wrote:

I can dig into it if somebody gives me an idea where and how. As of now
nobody did. I have heard that people do not have sending delays. I am
glad to hear that. But the reason of me posting to this list is that I
have.

Unexplained network delays are often caused by incorrect or marginal DNS
configuration / operation. Actually it's not so simple to completely
test this because entries get cached everywhere. You might try
dnstracer.

Otherwise simply run ethereal and you'll know ;-) If you're not sure,
please post the conversation up to the "DATA" command. Filter packets
destined to/from your smtp server, port 25. Something like
tethereal -n -i eth0 tcp port 25 and host 1.2.3.4