Re: [Evolution] Need some help (I Got IT!!!)

ons, 31.03.2004 kl. 16.28 skrev Jeffrey Stedfast:

I think you've misunderstood Guenther. He's not slamming Bayesian
filters, he's saying there's no need to implement one in the
mail client when there are several standalone implementations
out there.

while the mailer hackers agree with you, we were overruled by the mass
of users who demanded this feature. So, this is pretty much moot.

This is the point at which I left this discussion. I honor and respect
Jeff's statement.

For me, Evo will always be Evo. She will continue to sport warts and
blemishes, and I will continue to love her and have to cope with a
multitude of user clients which will include Outlook Express (retch),
Outlook (double retch), Mozilla, Kmail, Eudora, Pegasus, Pine, Mutt,
SquirrelMail and more.

However, as a mailadmin I have to implement, apart from attempted
anti-forgery and other shit, effective site-wide spam and virus
filtering for them all. This I shall continue to do with site-wide
Postfix-proxy-amavisd-new-LDAP-SpamAssassin (which also supports virus
filtering and one hell of a lot more). Everything that any MUA client
supports is purely incidental. As mailadmin for my sites (mostly a gang
of Dutch high schools), I'm ultimately responsible.

--Tonni

--

mail: billy - at - billy.demon.nl
http://www.billy.demon.nl