Re: [Evolution] Need some help (I Got IT!!!)

So I look in the Junk Folder and I see 700 Messages.. They are all
there...

*sigh*  That's what I intended to ask as I read the previous mails.

That's *cool* SpamAssassin run wild and out of control. And never a
mention of how to configure it. Let alone update it.

Another reason for being a stick-in-the-mud and keeping to Evo 1.4,
whilst keeping SA ("what version was it again?") on the Postfix snapshot
smtp amavisd-new proxy MTA. *Where it belongs*. And yes, we have
LDAP-based amavisd-new per-user SpamAssassin preferences at this site.

Whose bright idea was this enforced Evo SA innovation? I can see us all
having to go back to Mozilla yet once again :(

Bullshit. Sorry, Tony, but that is plain FUD to me.

You can entirely disabling filtering through SpamAssassin in Evolution.
No one is forced to. IMHO it is a better approach in UN*X land to use
applications, that already exist and proved to work very well. SA does
for you. There is no need to implement a Bayesian filter for any mailer
out there.

As Charles mentioned, those mails are being sent using a web form. Well,
without seeing the mails and SA reports, I would not hesitate to bet
that there is an old and known to be broken script used. [1]

Sorry again Tony, I don't want to be offending or confrontational. And I
sure don't want a flame war, but IMHO you where overreacting.

I'm not too happy with SA being used by default, too. Any user should
decide to *enable* it, not disable it. And the additional dependency
isn't fun anyway to me.

Then have in mind that 1.5.x is *development* software. It is not yet
intended for the users out there. Hopefully a proper documentation,
warning and maybe a defensive default (SA disabled) will be part of
Evolution 2.0. (Anna, Aaron?)

Thinking about it: Is it really *that* hard to see a bold mail folder
right below the Inbox with (700) next to it?

...guenther

[1] If so, update that script. Otherwise, any brain dead spammer can
abuse it.