Re: [Evolution-hackers] Future of eds bindings

On Sat, 2008-08-16 at 19:20 +0200, vseguip gmail com wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 16, 2008 at 1:32 PM, Ross Burton <ross burtonini com> wrote:
> > This is DBus e-d-s:
> >
> > backends <-> e-d-s <== dbus ==> libebook <-> Evolution

The problem with this is that the synchronous API calls in libebook may
fail due to DBus time outs when EDS responds to slowly. At least that
was a problem that SyncEvolution on Nokia Internet Tablets ran into. My
current workaround consists of overriding
dbus_connection_send_with_reply() with my own version that uses a longer
timeout than libdbus itself.

Ross, is this still an issue?

--
Bye, Patrick Ohly