Re: [Evolution-hackers] Future of eds bindings

Hey :)

On 15.08.2008 12:01 vseguip gmail com wrote:
The second approach would be writing
a DBUS interface to the e-d-s
That has already been done: http://labs.o-hand.com/embedded-eds/

The problems are, as I was told, that it's pretty slow due to the different API design. There is a lot of data being transferred forth and back and D-Bus is not good in doing that. In order to take full advantage of the D-Bus port, the e-d-s API would have to be redesigned. But again, this is what I was told when I asked the same question. Other may jump in and correct me where I'm wrong.

Cheers,
  Tobi